Sunday, May 20, 2007

Some races coming up for 2007

Here's what's caught my eye so far. Most of the tri's are on-road but none of them are pool swim:

6/24/07 I REALLY wanted to do the Garnet Hill Xterra. Also, the Webster on-road Tri is the same day. However, I have conflicting plans and will be drinking beer on a beach in Maine that weekend.

7/8/07 Cohasset Tri sold out but I put my name on the waiting list and after a few days got in! -- Update: Did it, time was ~ 1:28 !

7/15/07 Old Colony Tri (road tri. olympic distances)

8/11&12/07 This is the Stoaked off-road tri weekend. They have kids, sprint, and Xterra races. Xterra distances are basically the offroad equivalent of Olympic distances.

9/9/07 Of course I'll be doing the Hale off-road triathlon on 9/9 and my kids will be doing the Youth version of the race later the same day. The Hale people are great and I help them out with some of the tech stuff like online registration and such. It's a really fun race for off-roaders or families.

9/16/07 Dover Sherborn onroad tri

9/23/2007 Jordan brought my attention again to the DW Fields Tri in Brockton, a 14.5-mile bike , a 1.7-mile canoe/kayak, and a 10K run. There is no swim.

9/30/07 I did the Mud, Sweat, and Gears off-road Duathlon last year. Will do it again definitely.

10/28/2007 onroad Halloween Wrentham Tri

I'll probably tweak this list as I actually decide what i'm going to do. Please email me (or better yet POST) and feedback you have on these races.

Myles

1 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope to see you at Mud, Sweat and Gears and Wrentham Du this fall. Both are fun races

Ed Thibeault

 

Post a Comment

<< Home