Sunday, October 14, 2007

Last three races

Since Greenfield I did these three races:

  1. DW Field Kayak Tri in Brockton, MA
  2. Mud, Sweat, N Gears offroad duathlon in Ashland, MA (2nd time here)
  3. and today I did the Tully Lake Kayak Offroad Tri in Royalton, MA
The kayak tri's were a blast. They were both in beautilful locations. I will definitely try to get to both of them next year. The Tully one was incredible. It was very long, bigger than a sprint race. It was all offroad with single loop kayak, single loop run, and single loop 7.5 mile ride. Today was their first annual. I did it in about 3:02. The run and ride were very technical. It was unusual doing the ride last, after the run, but it was necessary for some logistical reason. I have several blisters on my hands from the 5 miles of kayaking, which included pulling my kayak over a beaver damn. I drove up with Jordan whose bike seat broke a few miles from the finish line but he did okay anyway. We rented kayaks from Rodney at Flaggs Fishing in Orange... very cheap and they delivered and retrieved them. But they were wide, slow kayaks and somehow I need to find a faster boat for next year.

I have pictures from all these races here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home